As the use of open innovation models grows, big companies and startups have been getting closer due to the high potential of this relationship. With that in mind, the German-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK Brazil) launched in 2016 an initiative called Startups Connected.
This initiative focuses on all activities developed by us that are dedicated to startups. It consists of an award (German-Brazilian Startups Award), an Acceleration Program (AHK Startups Accelerator) and a membership designed exclusively for startups (AHK Startups Hub), among others.
The main goal of Startups Connected is to connect the startup ecosystem from Brazil and Germany and create business opportunities between startups and members of our Chamber. In 2016, we could count on Basf, Bayer, Club Transatlântico, Siemens and Volkswagen as sponsors and of DWIH (German House of Research and Innovation) as supporter.
Startups Connected benefits
Check the benefits for members, sponsors, and supporters of the initiative:
- Pitch at the German-Braziliian Innovation Congress (travel costs covered by AHK Brazil);
- Detailed diagnosis of the startup;
- Mentorship in several areas;
- Mediation of contacts with member companies and partners of the German-Brazilian Chamber;
- Possibility of joining in free activities in Brazil;
- Free access to SAP’s platform to develop the presented solutions;
- Possibility of receiving investment from BMG UpTech in exchange for equity*.
* The investment can be made under one of the conditions below, to be chosen by the startup along with BMG UpTech:
– R$ 100.000,00 (one hundred thousand reais) for 12% (twelve percent) equity of the selected startup; or ou
– R$ 60.000,00 (sixty thousand reais) for 7% (seven percent) equity of the selected startup; and an additional investment option, with a deadline of 18 (eighteen) months, in the amount of R$ 60.000,00 (sixty thousand reais) for 5% (five percent) equity of the selected startup.
P.S.: Startups selected by the category B2Bank are obliged to give equity in exchange for investment.
- Identification of startups that can solve a certain challenge or that fit in a particular profile;
- Exposure and position of the brand to the press regarding ecosystem innovation;
- Fostering of the development of Brazilian startup ecosystems;
- Development of the internal culture of open innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Connection to startups ready to solve a given challenge or to participate in a given activity;
- Interaction with the startup ecosystem.
Meet the challenges your startup can solve!
Bring stability and efficiency to industrial processes using state-of-the-art software for advanced control and artificial intelligence.
Engage diverse audiences in a new way with digital reading to make them reflect on relevant topics for companies or for final audiences.
Monitor the medicinal oxygen consumption via Internet of Things (IoT).
Monitor, analyze and integrate the manufacturing process from digitalization.
Reduce water consumption in toilet bowls with a biodegradable solution.
Merging performing arts through audiovisual formats and digital platforms, in addition to contributing to cultural and artistic exchange programs.
The Environmental Solum develops and implements novel technologies for solid waste treatment for private companies and public bodies.
Greatly reduce low productivity of Brazilian industries and manufactures suffering from high production costs, very late delivery and underutilized resources, whether due to cultural factors, management, resource synchronization, etc.
Understand the behavior of drivers and analyze the conditions of their vehicles using large techniques and machine learning.
“I am so glad we reached first place in the category Cities of the Future at the IV Brazil-Germany Innovation prize, which is very important. It was an honor to interact with great companies that can embrace our project, in Brazil and in other places in the world, as a sustainable solution for waste treatment.”
Solum Ambiental Chairman.
“To participate in the program was very positive for us, especially regarding involvement. We thought it would be just another acceleration program, but it was not. The biggest difficulty for a startup is to do business and get into big businesses, and the program provides that connection that we would never have been able to make by ourselves in such a short time. You cannot afford that sort of thing. The big difference is actually connecting you with a market that does a daily routine business.”
“The acceleration program was quite transformative. The German-Brazilian Chamber supported us with an extra score in the SENAI SESI Notice on Innovation. In addition, we had intermediation from both large and medium-sized companies, and their supporters, who also helped us a lot. Finally, we had face-to-face support with a partner consulting program that was a great help to review many aspects of our startup.”
“The acceleration process was extremely valuable to us because we had some issues that were not yet clarified between the partners. The legal support of the acceleration, such as intellectual property issues involving knowledge generated at the Academy, helped us to know how we would treat this before entering the market. It was a very interesting development because we were forced into situations, especially in the case of large and global companies. During the validations, we only visited this type of company and saw that the potential for solutions was also very large. So much so, that the proposals in the last month were only for global companies.”
“The program was very important, mainly due to the mentoring. Being able to count on a consultancy, totally independent from our daily life and our own mistakes and successes was very special and very productive, especially the tasks and our commitment to follow the program. Other than that, the opportunity to talk to other companies and to have that feedback also helped us to make decisions and to develop new products.”
Cennarium Brasil Partner
German-Brazilian Startup Awards
The winning startups were announced on September 28, 2017, at the German-Brazilian Innovation Congress. They were:
SkyDrones – Categorie: Digital Agriculture
Boletão – Categorie: B2Bank
TNS Nanotecnologia – Categorie: Cities of the Future
Zumpy – Categorie: Connectivity
MOBQI – Categorie: Electromobility
GoEpik – Categorie: Industrial Excellence
Ductor AGT – Categorie: Artificial Intelligence
VM9 – Categorie: Digital Government
Green Spin – Categorie: Germany